Astronomy Search:


Live Star Chart -- Messier Slide Collection -- NGC Slide Series

Click here, to see latest weather radar Vail, AZ from Weather Underground

Get Polaris transit times at the U.S. Naval Oceanography Portal

Monday, June 22, 2009

Vignetting resolved!

Introducing the new 2" field flattener from Astronomy Technologies. Designed originally for use with refractors, it appears to work extremely well with a Ritchey-Chretien telescope, too. Last night I used it in taking both M19 and M21, and I am very pleased with the results! The impact on the uneven distribution of light (vignetting) across the image has been dramatically reduced, to the point any negligible artifacts are easily stretched away.

Unfortunately, I lose my forever focus as it requires I remove the diagonal and add a 2" extension. I'll see about ordering a 1" extension and putting the diagonal back - the diagonal makes for a more comfortable viewing position of the camera LCD image display.

No comments: